Saturday, January 29, 2011

Toys that make you want to count up your crimes!

Apart from me catching up on the backlog of anime and toku I have to watch, there's not much else to say really.


Saturday (last week), Amazon.co.uk, I received Aquarion Complete Collection.

I would have posted about this last week, but I discovered a nasty fault on disc 1 which rendered part of the disc unplayable, so I had to get a replacement sent out to me.

Aquarion was a series I first discovered when someone showed me an image of the Assault Type Aquarion toy (such is the notoriety of being a recognised black repaint fanatic) either slightly before or just after I began to branch out into collecting more than solely Transformers (I forget the exact details, but I do recall buying the toy before watching the series itself).


Wednesday, All The Cool Stuff, I received...
  • Reveal the Shield Optimus Prime
  • Reveal the Shield Perceptor
  • Reveal the Shield Wreck-Gar
  • Universe Classics Windrazor
Of the three, Wreck-Gar wins overall for having the least amount of things that irritated me.

The new Laser Prime mould is a flawed recreation of the original Laser Prime's perfection with kibble hampering its articulation and a stupid orange tab on his right shoulder that also gets in the way.

As for Perceptor, I do like robot mode, but the transformation of his backpack and arms in particular almost had me sling him at the nearest wall (the instructions weren't too helpful)!


Thursday, toy-wholesaler.jp, I received Skull Magnum and DX Lost Driver.

This is my first (and probably only) belt and weapon purchase from Kamen Rider W (a.k.a. Kamen Rider Double), so I went with the option that ultimately represented 3 of its appearing Riders in Skull, Eternal and Joker (I'm currently the process of acquiring a T2 Joker Memory at the time of writing this entry).

The Skull Magnum is a very simplistic gun with limited sounds, but I do love the colouring of this over the Trigger Magnum (like there was any doubt of that).

Then there's the Lost Driver which is basically a Double Driver with half its gimmick removed, and even then it serves little purpose when all the necessary electronics are housed inside the Gaia Memories themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbered Page Navigation

Newer Post and Older Post links with Post Title