Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Reviving the Z of Dragon Ball in a new Kai

How many years has it been since I last watched Dragon Ball Z?

(And no, I'm not counting that recent Yo! The Return of Son Goku and Friends!! special in this.)

It might be at least four or five years, but I can't really remember, so let's just say it has been a bloody long time.

Now I've got off to that rather crappy start, I ought to simply get on with it.

That brings us to Dragon Ball Kai, a HD remastered re-editing of Dragon Ball Z that'll reportedly have a lot less of the time wasting which plagued the original anime.

Seriously, I cringe at how they thought dragging out the five minute countdown to the impulsion of Planet Namek to (what seemed like) thirty episodes would be a good idea.


I'm used to watching filler in anime, but that's taking the piss.

Just when you thought they getting somewhere in the fight against the villain, you sigh at the fact you wasted another episode watching Goku and company powering up to whatever new Super Saiyan level bollocks they acquired in training.

So this 'new' Dragon Ball Kai series sounds very appealing to me if they're condensing the 291 episode content of Dragon Ball Z into approximately 100 episodes.

Plus I've never really seen much of Dragon Ball Z in Japanese anyway, so that'll be a nice little bonus for yours truly who primary watched the entire series in English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbered Page Navigation

Newer Post and Older Post links with Post Title