Saturday, March 28, 2009

Is this the last we'll see of CLANNAD?

The CLANNAD anime has officially finished with the recap filled episode 24 of CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ which was surprising better than I thought it'd be.

Seriously, KyoAni did well in recapping the happenings of the last 44 episodes of the main story into roughly 20 minutes or so.

They did it using the means Tomoya telling Ushio the story of "how I met mama" and even showed after she fell asleep that he retained some vague memories of another world where Nagisa died, he fell into a depressive slump, getting reunited with Ushio, enjoying life with his daughter, having her fall ill and later dying, and finally the 'something' that brought him to the happiness he has now.


We did get some new animation at the end with Tomoya, Ushio and Fuko in the forest behind the hospital. It wasn't a bad way to end the series, but I would have liked that Kyou route I was hoping for as I doubt KyoAni will ever do as a OVA now.

Their next series announcement at the end was for something called K-ON! I don't know if I'll be interested in seeing this series as I've never even heard of it before.

Nevertheless, CLANNAD is been apart of my anime viewing schedule for the last two years and it'll feel weird not seeing it anymore. I still remember deciding to check this series out on a whim when Death Note was still airing in Japan at the time.

I'm glad I followed that whim as it posistively resulted in me getting interested in Air, Kanon and other KEY works in general.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbered Page Navigation

Newer Post and Older Post links with Post Title