Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kuuga had No Fear and No Pain when protecting smiling faces

April 28th 2009. This date will be known as the date I've watched all of the current Heisei Kamen Rider series from Kuuga through to Decade. Yes, I'm counting Decade in that even though it is still airing in Japan.

Actually, it was because of Decade that I wanted to see the exploits of the original Kuuga, Yuusuke Godai. Then I could see for myself if his alternate universe counterpart, Yuusuke Onodera, will match his level of heroics by the time Decade's journey is over.


At this point, I'm hoping that whichever fansub group is deciding to do Kuuga will see it through to completion, as the subs I watched from episode 5 onwards had a lot of incorrect name usage and a lack of English translation for the Grongi. Which wasn't very helpful when they were talking about their motives during the series.

Kuuga was an awesome series to watch due to it being the only Heisei era series with no secondary Riders which have been the norm since Agito had G3 and Gills. Not that it was a problem or anything, as the other cast members were equally important in their contributions to assist Number 4.

It also gave me a better understanding of Kuuga's Ultimate Form, and why its eyes were black in the great Rider War flashback in Decade. Kuuga needed to have a deep hated for Decade to willingly submit to the evil nature of that Form!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbered Page Navigation

Newer Post and Older Post links with Post Title